29 January 2019
Robert Pires watches festival at Baku Olympic Stadium
Seven teams are through to the UEFA Europa League round of 32 and plenty more can join them on 29 November. UEFA.com explains the permutations.
At a glance
Through: Bayer Leverkusen, Zürich, Dinamo Zagreb, Arsenal, Eintracht Frankfurt, Lazio, Chelsea
Eliminated: Ludogorets, AEK Athens, Anderlecht, Dudelange, Marseille, Apollon Limassol, Akhisar Belediyespor
- Full standings
- Arrangements for breaking ties can be found in article 16 of the official competition regulations
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations.
MATCHDAY FIVE: THURSDAY 29 NOVEMBER
Group A: Bayer Leverkusen (9 points) v Ludogorets (2), Zürich (9) v AEK Larnaca (2)
- Leverkusen are through and will be confirmed as group winners if they win and Zürich lose.
- Zürich are through, though trail Leverkusen for first place on head-to-head record.
- Ludogorets are out.
- AEK are out.
Group B: Salzburg (12) v RB Leipzig (6), Rosenborg (0) v Celtic (6)
- Salzburg will be through, and group winners, if they draw.
- Leipzig will be through if they win and Celtic lose.
- Celtic cannot clinch qualification on matchday five.
- Rosenborg must win and hope Leipzig lose to stay in contention.
Group C: Zenit (8) v København (5), Bordeaux (1) v Slavia Praha (7)
- Zenit will be through if they win, and will clinch first place if they win and Slavia do not.
- Slavia will be through if they win and København do not, or if Slavia draw and København lose.
- København will be out if they fall three or more points behind Slavia.
- Bordeaux must win by enough to at least equalise their head-to-head with Slavia, and hope København do not beat Zenit, to stay in contention.
Group D: Fenerbahçe (7) v Dinamo Zagreb (12), Anderlecht (1) v Spartak Trnava (3)
- Dinamo are through and will clinch first place with a draw.
- Fenerbahçe will be through if they win, if they draw and Trvana do not win, or if they lose and Trvana lose.
- Trvana will be out if they lose, and must reduce the gap to Fenerbahçe to at most three points.
- Anderlecht are out.
Group E: Vorskla Poltava (3) v Arsenal (10), Qarabağ (3) v Sporting CP (7)
- Arsenal are through and will clinch first place with a win or if they stay at least three points clear of Sporting.
- Sporting will be through if they win, or if they draw and Vorskla do not beat Arsenal.
- Qarabağ must win to stay in contention.
- Vorskla must win and hope Sporting do not to stay in contention.
Group F: AC Milan (7) v Dudelange (0), Real Betis (8) v Olympiacos (7)
- Betis will be through if they win, or if they draw and Milan do not win.
- Dudelange are out.
21:00CET kick-offs (unless stated)
Group G: Spartak Mosvka (5) v Rapid Wien (4) [16:50CET], Rangers (5) v Villarreal (6)
- Villarreal will be through if they win.
- Spartak will be through if they win and Rangers lose.
- Rangers will be out if they lose and Spartak win.
- Rapid will be out if they lose.
Group H: Eintracht Frankfurt (12) v Marseille (1), Apollon Limassol (1) v Lazio (9)
- Frankfurt are through are will clinch first place if they win and Lazio do not, or if they draw and Lazio lose.
- Lazio are through.
- Marseille are out.
- Apollon are out.
Group I: Malmö (5) v Genk (7), Sarpsborg (5) v Beşiktaş (4)
- Genk will be through if they win.
- Beşiktaş will be out if they lose.
Group J: Krasnodar (9) v Akhisar Belediyespor (0) [18:55CET], Standard Liège (6) v Sevilla (9)
- Krasnodar will be through if they win and Standard do not or if they draw and Standard lose.
- Sevilla will be through if they draw.
- Standard will be out if they lose and Krasnodar do not, or if they draw and Krasnodar win.
- Akhisar are out.
Group K: Astana (8) v Dynamo Kyiv (8) [16:50CET], Jablonec (2) v Rennes (3)
- Astana will be through if they win (in first place) or if Rennes fail to beat Jablonec.
- Dynamo will be through if they win or draw, or if they lose and the other game is drawn.
- Rennes must win and hope the other game is not drawn to stay in contention.
- Jablonec must win and hope Dynamo lose to stay in contention.
Group L: BATE Borisov (3) v Vidi (6) [18:55CET], Chelsea (12) v PAOK (3)
- Chelsea are through and will clinch first place if they avoid defeat or Vidi do not win.
- Vidi will be through if they win.
- BATE must avoid defeat to stay in contention.
- PAOK will remain in contention unless they lose and Vidi do not, or if they draw and Vidi win.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.